If you are looking to join a great company that is committed to delivering high-level client and employee satisfaction then Brams is the company for you! We are a growing Cloud Managed Services provider with a great history of supporting Cloud-based operations globally for more than a decade.
We are looking for DevOps engineers to join our operating team in Casablanca, Morocco. The DevOps Engineer is a member of an agile team that is responsible for supporting planning, designing, development, testing, deployment, operations and maintenance of cloud-based infrastructure, web applications, and reporting capabilities. The ideal candidate - in collaboration with the team – will enhance customer experience, increase capacity to innovate, and speed up time to value by providing the tools and culture to facilitate efficient release, predictability, and success.
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize production system
- Programmatically create infrastructure as code, and manage Cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Implement and maintain a delivery pipeline that allows for continuous, automated integration, deployment, testing and monitoring
- Develop improvements to availability, scalability, and performance of the environment including implementation of monitoring tools to facilitate the process
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks or container orchestration platforms
- Understand containers and how they fit into professional development cycles
- Work with various source control technologies, including connection to processes
- Ensure our systems are highly available, resilient and secure
Required skills and experience:
- Have general Cloud operations knowledge with at least one provider, private or public, such as attached volume lifecycle, auto scaling, cloud-config, security, instance lifecycle, increasing volume sizes or upgrading deployments, low to zero-downtime, etc.
- Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, IIS, memcache, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Professional or academic project experience in the following areas:
- developing continuous integration pipelines; experience and/or demonstrated knowledge of Jenkins strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and continuous deployment methodology tools including Git, Jenkins, Capistrano and configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Ansible
- scripting and programming for infrastructure automation (Powershell, Python etc.)
- monitoring and alerting using security and analytics tools
- test automation frameworks (e.g. Robot Framework, Selenium)
- Linux and/or Windows administration experience
- Command line experience with Linux including writing Bash scripts, ssh user management, logging
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, Java or similar
- Experience with application load-balancing solutions for scaling and HA
- Good understanding of networking principles, including firewalls, NAT, packet filtering, Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
- Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge of agile methodologies
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate knowledge and information effectively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, and across all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making
- Well organized, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with CLI and Cloud Formation templates
- Experience with Atlassian Jira
- Database administration of PostgreSQL, NoSQL DB or similar
- Experience with dashboard, visualization, and reporting tools (e.g. BIRT, Jaspersoft)
- Experience monitoring and alerting using security and analytics tools such as OWASP ZAP and SonarQube
- Experience with SANs and NAS including iSCSI, NFS and FC
- Experience with Docker containers
- 5 years of experience with some or all of the responsibilities listed above
- AWS operations experience: VPCs, ELBs, Route 53, RDS, Cloudwatch, IAM, EC2, etc
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with log management systems
- Proficiency with additional scripting languages like HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience with RunOps and SysOps reporting and monitoring tools (SAAS or Managed)
- Information Security expertise
- Open-source Monitoring experience (Sensu preferred)
- Management of growing Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack
- Architecting highly-available distributed systems
- Participation in 24x7 on-call rotations for mission critical web systems
Education and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with technical infrastructure experience in Java-based environments or equivalent
- AWS certified DevOps Engineer or SysOps Administrator certification, or equivalent certification, is a plus
- Good level in French and English (speaking & writing)
To be successful in this role you...
- are passionate about writing code that makes writing code easier
- have a keen eye for finding and developing tools to overcome operational challenges
- enjoy working with multidisciplinary teams to create best in class digital experiences
We offer competitive compensation along with excellent benefits in a team oriented environment. Learn more about us at www.brams.com. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter with your salary requirements to email@example.com. We do not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and job boards.
We have worked with enterprise clients for over 22 years to solve complex IT infrastructure problems with a software-driven approach to managed services. Our team of certified engineers apply cloud automation best practices to enable greater performance, guarantee availability, and increase security of clients' cloud environments.
Our clients face complex challenges that require smart solutions, and our continued success can be directly attributed to our talented team. We invest heavily in great technology and even greater in professionals and engineers to ensure we have a state of the art IT and business toolkit with which to design solutions for the markets we serve.